Staff Accountant | Accounts Receivable
DUTIES, TASK AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review AR aging to ensure compliance with payment terms
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by contacting customers via phone, e-mail and mail.
- Send statements and open invoices as needed
- Resolve client-billing issue and mitigate accounts receivable delinquency in a timely manner
- Identify issues attributing to account delinquency, provide potential solutions and review with management to minimize write-offs.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements to ensure compliance with agreed upon payment plans.
- Monitor customer account details for non-payments, delayed payments and other irregularities
- Maintain/ update customer information.
- Process credit card payments
- Process refund requests according to company policy and procedure
- Attend and participate in daily meetings to review and discuss streamlining workload, collection issues and department goals
- Associate degree or higher
- Experience in a business-to business service industry preferred.
- Experience with Service Fusion Field Service Management software a plus.
- Experience with QuickBooks Enterprise a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office – Excel, Word, Outlook.
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Excel including the use of pivot tables and Lookup or Index-Match functions.
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail and confidentiality
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills
- Effective verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a sense of urgency and ability to meet deadlines
- Proven ability to solve business problems in a self-directed manner
- Excellent inter-personal skills, a collaborative style and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Works well in teams and has to the ability to work independently