- Provides leadership, organization, staffing, development, direction, and day-to-day management of credit portfolio analytics functions, loan review, compliance, and collections, all while following policies and practices of the organization and applicable regulatory and governmental agencies.
- Develops and maintains a system of checks and balances for quality control with regard to compliance and consistency among documentation, terms, and conditions of the approved credit packages and Bank policies.
- Assists in the implementation of a system of credit file administration and quality assurance for loans made.
- Working with the Underwriting Manager identifies problem loans, makes recommendations for assignment of loans to the loan review list; discusses the status of problem loans with the CRO and CFO and senior lending officers and may make recommendations regarding the future credit information needs; identifies loans meeting non-accrual or charge-off criteria.
- Maintains current policies and procedures as well as back up arrangements to ensure smooth operations within the department.
- Actively manages and oversees all credit administration matters including daily operation and coordination with relevant departments and introduces proper solutions in line with the bank’s internal procedures and continues to streamline processes in order to optimize the credit risk management area.
- Participates in the department hiring, promotion, and review process while managing, mentoring and improving support staff performance. Coaches, trains, supports and develops team to ensure we are meeting the needs of the company.
- Performs related responsibilities as required or assigned.
- Advanced knowledge of compliance & regulatory issues as well as matters related to credit risk.
- Excellent general and financial management and decision-making skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Exhibits excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Proven ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of management.